Friday, July 28, 2006

The Secret Life of Bees

Jus finished reading a novel called The secret life of bees. It is so beautifully written... So moving and deeply satisfying. The beautiful language makes my heart aches so much that I have to place my hand on my chest to prevent it from falling out.

Addressing the wounds of loss, betrayal and the scaricity of love, the author demostrates the power of women coming together to heal those wounds, to mother each other and to create a sanctuary of true family and home.

Totally amazed by this amazing book. Wanting more, I went back to the same bookstore to get 2 others. (But before I hit the town, I went back to the office to double check that my Prof is still on leave. And he is... Whaha... Now, I can go in peace.) Okie, so the 2 books that I've gotten are " The pretty Details of so-and-so's Life" and "Who move my Cheese?" Paid up and felt so so broke... But who cares.... Books are like food for the mind and soul. Our mind and soul need to be fed just like our stomach. If not, they will be starved to death. And that is the worst thing that can happen to anyone....

You know, I used to envy writers cos they can write beautiful stories. However, I just realised that I am the author of my own life story. Whether it will turn out beautiful or not, I dont know, cos "the rest is still unwritten"... (Hopefully Natasha Bedingfield would not sue me for that. hee...) And I have to give my special thanks to Kenneth who gave me a nice bright pink notebook to help kick start my writing journey. Thanks Kenneth....

Manz... I guess I wrote too much. I just have TOOO MUCH free time you see..... Somehow, I really felt I am living in a world of make-believe over here. I know things would not be the same when I am back in Singapore, where realities set in.... Will I still have the time to read and enjoy my novel? Will I still have the time to write my life stories? Will I still live for the moment? I doubt so... Haiz... reality do bite....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home